Chicago Glass Steam Shower Enclosures
GlassWorks has revolutionized the traditional Sliding Shower Door by offering innovative “all-glass” frameless looks and the newest hardware including:
- Hydro-slide hardware virtually eliminating any visible hardware and allowing the use of 3/8” thick glass.
- Serenity and pipeline designs offering innovative exposed wheels and tracks.
- Curved sliding glass walls that wrap the shower enclosure.
Let us show how we can make our Sliding Doors the most talked about elements in your home.
We start the process by evaluating your space in your home. Our design professional will work with you to provide a design and layout that maximizes the look and functionality of your entire bathroom. Because of our expertise, we can offer design ideas and dramatic touches others simply never consider.
Once the design is established, we offer a complete material selection process. First, we start with the Glass! You will touch, feel and choose:
- 3/8” or ½” thick Glass – Giving you the substantial feel and support necessary for your shower enclosure.
- Regular or Low Iron Glass. Low Iron glass branded as Starphire has a vivid blue color to provide uncommon elegance.
- Gray and Bronze Glass or Patterned glass, such as Rain.
- Sand Blasted, Acid Etched or Laminated Glass – Provide unlimited custom patterns and degrees of privacy.
- ShowerGuard – A permanent seal to keep your shower glass looking beautiful.
Once you have chosen your glass, we measure your bathroom and design each individual piece of glass. Each piece is custom sized for you and subtly shaped to fit the angles of your home. We have each piece of glass notched for our hinge hardware and holes drilled for the handle hardware.
For safety, all shower enclosure glass is then tempered – that is heated and then radically cooled to provide glass that is roughly five times stronger than un-tempered, or annealed, glass. Commonly referred to as safety glass, it is required by code in all shower enclosures and it cannot be modified in any way after the tempering process.
We provide the option of providing a logo on the glass, which may be useful for code officials or as requested, a certification of tempering for every shower enclosure we supply.
The next step is choosing the hardware you love. It seems every day that a new style comes out and because of our buying power, we have the latest styles and most popular finishes including:
- Polished Chrome
- Oil Rubbed Bronze
- Door Pulls
- Brushed Nickel
- Polished Nickel
All the hardware GlassWorks supplies is engineered and specifically designed to be used in our showers. Our size allows us to be the leading expert in shower door designs and give you the most options in shower design, functionality and form.
Finally, we can walk through the variety of options available to give you the elegance and functionality you want in your shower for years to come.